My Progress

Monday 1 January 2018

Eating On The Go

Hi all,
I don't run into the problem of eating out a lot. Usually, I'm at home, so I don't have to worry about sticking to my diet while out and about, but recently I was out shopping with my sister and parents and it was lunchtime. I got a serious case of 'I need food now' and defaulted to my instant setting of grabbing whatever was closest, which on that particular day, just so happened to be KFC.
So, I wanted to talk a little about damage control and what I failed to do, which I wished I had done at the time.

We live in a technology-driven world. I don't leave the house without my phone which has enough data for me to look things up. So, why when I had that capability didn't I look up the weight watchers points value and calories of items at KFC, before picking something out and guessing the values. Only, to look them up later and be shocked and upset but just how far off I was.
I wound up going over my points and calories that day, because not only did I underestimate my lunch, but also my order at Starbucks.
It would have been so easy to check the calories & points and avoid making bad decisions. I've proved before that I can have a treat out and still stay within my limits, but I can't do it if I'm trying to guess at what the points and calories will be.

I'm still learning. Sometimes it's much easier and more appealing to think I'll just deal with the damage later, but if I'm going to reach my goal weight by October, I need to start thinking and eating smarter and using the tools I have.

Let me know what your biggest hurdle is when trying to control your diet on the go, and please share and subscribe if you liked this post.

Until next time,

H.

No comments:

Post a Comment